Please join us at Hogan Lovells at 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, November 7th, for a presentation and panel exploring one of the most exciting frontiers in legal technology: the blockchain.
The event will include:
- informal networking over drinks and food;
- a brief (10-15-minute) primer on blockchain technology (to level-set for a mixed audience of lawyers and technologists); and
- a panel (including audience Q&A) on the legal use cases of blockchain technology (e.g., smart contracts, property rights registration, identity).
6:30 – Networking over drinks and food
7:15 – “Blockchain Basics” presentation, Thomas Rush, ConsenSys
7:30 – “Legal Use Cases of Blockchain Technology” panel
- Aaron Wright – Chair of the Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Legal Industry Working Group, Associate Clinical Professor and Co-Director of Cardozo Law School’s Blockchain Project and co-founder of the smart contract project OpenLaw
- Houman Shadab – Cofounder of Clause.io, Professor of Law at New York Law School, Co-director of Accord Project for smart legal contract standards
- (additional panelists to be announced)
8:30 – End of formal programming
Please spread the word to other members of the NYC legal tech ecosystem!
To stay connected to the #NYCLTM community, please follow us on Twitter (@NYCLTM) and subscribe to our newsletter in the sidebar.
(Note: Our December or January meetup will be a legal tech “Demo Day.” If you know of an innovative new legal tech company (or established company launching a new product), encourage them to reach out to us!)
Join the NYCLTM Community!
Become a member of the NYC Legal Tech Meetup by clicking the button below.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest community news and updates. (Don't worry--we don't send out many emails, and we hate spam, too!)