We’ve finalized a stellar line-up for Tuesday’s (11/7) panel at Hogan Lovells. Details below. If you haven’t already RSVP’d, do so here.
“Blockchain Basics and Legal Use Cases” Details
Please join us at Hogan Lovells on Tuesday, November 7th, for a presentation and panel exploring one of the most exciting frontiers in legal technology: the blockchain.
The event will include:
- informal networking over drinks and food;
- a brief (10-15-minute) primer on blockchain technology (to level-set for a mixed audience of lawyers and technologists); and
- a panel (including audience Q&A) on the legal use cases of blockchain technology (e.g., smart contracts, property rights registration, identity).
6:30 – Networking over drinks and food
7:15 – “Blockchain Basics” presentation, Thomas Rush, ConsenSys
7:30 – “Legal Use Cases of Blockchain Technology” panel
- Aaron Wright – Chair of the Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Legal Industry Working Group, Associate Clinical Professor and Co-Director of Cardozo Law School’s Blockchain Project and co-founder of the smart contract project OpenLaw
- Houman Shadab – Cofounder of Clause.io (http://clause.io/), Professor of Law at New York Law School, Co-director of Accord Project for smart legal contract standards
- Alexandra Levin Kramer – Founding Chair of the Blockchain Technology & Digital Currency practice at CKR Law, LLP, President of the International Blockchain Real Estate Association, and founder of the blockchain startup Womin, supporting diversity in the workplace
- Erik Syvertsen – General Counsel of AngelList
8:30 – End of formal programming
Please spread the word to other members of the NYC legal tech ecosystem!
To stay connected to the #NYCLTM community, please follow us on Twitter (@NYCLTM) and subscribe to our newsletter in the sidebar.
(Note: Our December or January meetup will be a legal tech “Demo Day.” If you know of an innovative new legal tech company (or established company launching a new product), encourage them to reach out to us!)
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest community news and updates. (Don't worry--we don't send out many emails, and we hate spam, too!)